My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Monday, August 13, 2007

Still here

Hey, ya'll!

I'm still here -- just very busy. Soccer season is about to start up again. We had our first team meeting with J-man's coach on Saturday. I am pleased to announce he is with his coach from last season- the Scotsman. I don't mind going to meetings, practices, or games.

Carl and I tackled a HUGE project this weekend. We cleaned out our closet and dresser drawers. Holy cow did we have a lot of stuff! We wound up donating five or six garbage bags FULL of stuff. I'm not talking tall kitchen bags either. We filled up the lawn bags. But I'm happy to say that I can walk in my closet once again, all my shoes are on a shoe rack, and I have space in my drawers for new -- ahem -- girly things. YAY! Now to come up with the $$ to purchase them!

That's all I've got for now. Things have calmed down at work, so I should be able to post a little more. Lord knows I can't do it from home. Things are crankin' up there!!!!!!

5 comments:

CindyDianne said...

Glad to "see" you! Does Bug play sports? The Girl has been playing soccer and basketball, but this year she wants to try softball. So, we are off to buy cleats and right-handed gloves and all that fun stuff!

Marni said...

Yep - Bug is starting her fourth season of soccer. She loves it. She still wants to take her horse riding lessons, though. She started those when she was 5 but we had to stop because we moved too far away. I'm looking for a place close to the house so she can start again.

KLee said...

Glad to see that you are all doing well. How are the kids liking school so far?

I hear you on the cleaning. I did my living room, bathroom, and part of the kitchen on Friday, and Wednesday's project is my craft room. It's not so bad, but there's a lot of stuff piled on the floor. Bleargh. I HATE cleaning.

Heidi the Hick said...

Marni, I took three bags of books to the thrift store today. I pulled everything off those bookshelves knowing that at least a third of it wouldn't make it back onto a shelf again.

There were a few kid's books that they weren't all that attached to anymore. I kept the extra special good ones.

It's a lot of work, and I still have a stack of crap to go through and decide if it's keeper or not, but man, what a relief. The bookcase looks better now and there's actually a bit of breathing room between the books. And you know what that means...room for more books...

raine said...

Don't you love the feeling of losing the clutter? I agonize over what gets sent away and then once it's gone I can't even remember what's gone. Thanks for stopping by my blog!