My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hi! How are ya!

I had my first blogger buddy meet up last night; I got to meet Cindy from CindyDianne! She is just as sweet and beautiful in person as she is on her blog. I would LOVE to have her red, curly hair... it is to DIE for!

She is in Atlanta for a class. I live more than an hour from where she's staying so it was hard for us to meet up -- especially with Carl's schedule. She graciously agreed to navigate Atlanta's rush hour traffic and we met in the biggest town near mine for dinner.

I had a really good time. I had my heathens with me, so they were a little distracting. The music got a little loud at times so that was distracting, too. But when we talked it was like talking to an old friend.

That is the neatest thing about having a blog. You don't have to break the ice with someone. You have read about their lives and what is happening in their world. You can jump right in with questions and discuss anything. It makes it so much easier when you meet someone face to face.

It is still intimidating though. Once we left, my insecurities popped up. Did she like me? Did I handle the kids OK? Does she think I'm a good mom or a horrible one? Did I answer all her questions? Will she ever want to talk to me again?

Oh, I wish those thoughts would be quiet!

I, personally, enjoyed our time together and I hope she wants to hang out again.

And Cindy? I was serious about New Orleans... I think it would be a blast!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BTW: I look like I'm missing a tooth in that picture! I assure you, I have all my toofesus... they are just a little crooked. :) (and it is probably something only I would notice.)

21 comments:

CindyDianne said...

Marni - you are too cute. I had a great time, your heathens are adorable, you handle them wonderfully, you answered all my questions, I do like you and I already talked to KB about New Orleans! ;-)

It was fun! I hope I get to come back to Atlanta in October!

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh my gosh, the two of you together...it's almost too much adorable in one picture!!! almost. You're both beautiful!

I hope I get to meet some blog buddies one o these days.

Craig said...

Have you had pictures of yourself on here before, because that it just so not what I pictured you as.

That's very cool that you got to meet. The idea of meeting people from blogs is always interesting, but at the same time would be very scary (at least to me). Glad things turned out well.

SkippyMom said...

HOW GREAT!

and I agree with Heidi...great pic...you all are cuties...Marni you look like a teenager!

I am glad you had a great time...we are going to have to have an east coast hook up for bloggers...hey, VA isn't that far, eh?

Marni said...

Cindy: You like me! YAY!

Heidi: Thanks... are we so cute we give you a cavity?

Craig: I'm curious about what you thought I looked like... I had a picture once before from my NY trip, but I've done somethings to the hair since then.

Skippy: I'm willing to travel...

Biddie said...

Blogs rock. I have made so many wonderful friends. I can't wait until I get to meet some of my buddies, too.
Here's a thought..Since you're both willing to travel, how about coming this way and hanging out with me 'n Heidi?
Love the photo, btw. You both look great. :)

Marni said...

Biddie: I've talked to Carl about it and I'm seriously considering it. I have to get my passport first.

Valerie said...

Cute pic! Marni, I love your glasses!

I agree, it'd be cool to meet other bloggers...there was a little blogger get together in Chicago last December, but it wasn't quite the same as your meeting because most of the bloggers were people I went to high school with...but it was still a lot of fun!

CindyDianne said...

I am getting my passport for my honeymoon - now, there isn't anything stopping me from coming to Ontario-io!

CindyDianne said...

Marni, I can't believe you doubted! ;-)

Biddie said...

Wow. Sounds like a blogger party in Ontario?
Whoo Hoo!!

Lisa said...

It's always such fun meeting up with bloggers! You two look adorable!

Heidi the Hick said...

by the way Marni, you rock!!! Thanks for that link!!!!!

Cup said...

Isn't it cool to meet a blogpal? One of my very favorite friends these days is someone I met via the blog; in fact, he was the first blogger outside my circle of friends I started reading. Bloggers rule.

Cup said...

And who could NOT like the cuz?

katy said...

oh i want to meet you all now! if i ever win the lotto i will organise one big blog party all exs paid!!!!

comebacknikki said...

Okay... you need to plan a trip to Chicago! The south is waaaaay too hot for me!

GrizzBabe said...

That is a cute photo.

Marni, you are absolutely adorable and you look a lot younger than I pictured you. And the glasses really do rock!

Cindydianne, I checked out the photos on your site and I must say I think you are absolutely stunning. Maybe it's because you are posing with your beloved, but you just glow.

Marni said...

Thank you everyone for the wonderful compliments! And I am willing to travel to Ontario, England, Chicago, anywhere... can anyone help pay? ;)

ccw said...

Sounds like fun!

I love the picture.

I have had only one blogger meet-up but have talked to many on the phone. Having some of the history makes it so much easier.

Mermaid Melanie said...

I would love to meet Cindy Diane too! :wink:

How come I am just finding your blog? Your toooofffeees are fine! And I HATE that little voice inside me that feeds my insecurities. blech. You tell that little voice I said BACK OFF!

Have a super festive holiday weekend.