My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Monday, February 12, 2007

Gifts

Thank you to everyone that stopped by and wished me a happy birthday -- both here and at my Dad's site.

It was a wonderful birthday! Friday night we went to dinner with friends and walked around the mall for a bit. Doesn't sound like much, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Saturday we went to my moms and had bbq ribs that my step-dad cooked on his "green egg" grill. OMG! They were SO. FREAKIN. GOOD! Makes my mouth water just thinking about them now!

Then on Sunday we had dinner with my dad and sweet-tea at a Japanese restaurant. I love eating food from the hibachi. It was yummy!

But my gifts! Lordy -- I got some good ones... and then another one... but let me explain.

These are the good ones I got from everyone:
  • a chocolate brown suede jacket - beautiful!
  • two dress shirts
  • tan slacks
  • gift cards to Victoria's Secret
  • an AMEX gift card for whatever I want!
  • cash
  • a Stephen King box movie set
  • the Grease soundtrack (which I've already listened to a dozen times)
  • the "Nightmare on Elmstreet" DVD (from Dad 'cause he's trying to be cute)
  • **Update** a BEAUTIFUL pair of silver earrings with purple stones from my cousin Beth!
And then my dad went nuts... I love him, but I don't know WHERE he comes up with some of his ideas (read the comments later -- I'm sure he'll explain.)

Anyhoo....


I got this....

Can you see it? It is the DVD of Michael Jackson's greatest video hits... this has got to one of the oddest gifts I have ever received. Don't get me wrong! I loved MJ back in the 80s... when he wasn't a freak. I don't know if I could sit through this now... knowing what I know about him. I'm NOT trying to make Dad feel bad... it is the thought that counts... I love everything he got me. He put a LOT of thought into them, but... um...

Dad...

love ya...

what the hell?

8 comments:

Cup said...

So glad you had a great weekend! Isn't it great when you can stretch out the celebration across several days? I prefer two weeks.

But, um ... I didn't see a pair of earrings on the prezzie list ..

Marni said...

Ooooops! Sorry! I added them... :)

Biddie said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday weekend. I personally would love an MJ box set. I know that he is freak, but dang I love some of older stuff. I know what you mean, tho. I have a hard time supporting a person like that in ANY way.

Heidi the Hick said...

Marni, I do hope that you watched the Grammys! I hope I'm not the only one!!

Maybe skip out on the MJ video for that? Glad you had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! I loved the song on your Dad's site.
Pughugs,

Coffeypot said...

Damn! Can’t you take a joke? What ever he is now, he did have some good stuff back in the day, though. And I though the kiddies would enjoy Thriller and Beat It. As much as I would love to beat the ever-loving shit out of him now, I still like some of his music. And no matter if I bought the DVD or not, he has already received the royalties. So enjoy. If you want a positive slant to this, I bought the last one. His demon self will not go to any naïve, sweet, young, unsuspecting child – or his/her depraved parents.

Marni said...

YES I can take a joke! But, you have to admit, a MJ DVD is the last thing I was expecting!

GrizzBabe said...

Rest assured, MJ was a freak back in the 80's too. He was just better at hiding it. Glad you had a great birthday.