My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Tagged for five things

I have been tagged by my friend SkippyMom to tell you five things you don't know about me. I have to admit this was a tough one. There are just certain things you don't want your dad, family and new friends to know. BUT, here they are...
  1. I was a drug dealer. Yep. When I was about 6 or 7 years old, my grandpa (my Mom's dad) caught me dealing Flintstone vitamins to the neighborhood kids. I was sitting on my swingset doling out the goods to any kid that came by.
  2. I lived with a drug dealer. This wasn't a good guy. I didn't know he was a dealer until I came home from work one evening and found a duffle bag full of pot in the tub. He had pulled the curtain closed to hide it from me. It was shortly after that he left to be with another girl - the one who introduced us. She was two months pregnant; he and I had been living together the same length of time. A real winner that one... and one that deserves a post of his own.
  3. I 've been caught skinny dipping. I was in high school at the time and was with my best friend, her boyfriend and the guy I was dating. The only person of legal age was the guy I was with. He bought my friend and I coolers while he and best friend's boyfriend drank some beer. (The only two drunk that night were of the female persuasion.) We wound up at a big lake and decided to go for a swim. We had only been in the water a few minutes when a cop rolled up. He made us dump out our drinks and said that since we were the "first ones of the night" he would let us go. I was mortified!
  4. I was secretly "engaged" my senior year of high school. This was to a guy I dated on and off for three years, and he truly broke my heart. It was like an unspoken arrangement. I didn't have a ring or anything but we were planning on getting married after I graduated in June. In December I received an invitation to a bridal shower and then to a wedding. It was HIS wedding to another girl. Imagine my heartbreak! Years later I found out he sent me the invitation in hopes I would show up and stop the wedding. I told him he was crazy to expect a 17 year old girl to do something like that!
  5. I HATE the Dallas Cowboys - much to my husband's dismay. He is the biggest Cowboy fan around. Whenever they are playing I always cheer on their opponent and it drives Carl nuts. I don't know when I started disliking them. Carl pleads with me to cheer them on and I just. can't. do. it.

That's it! Now you know a little more about me.

As for tagging someone else? Hmmmm... the only ones I can think of are Klee, Dad, Chris, and anyone else that wants to play along.

8 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Yours are SO GREAT - the vitamin thing? heheheh....Sorry about the two jerky guys tho'...I have those stories too, but I think they are too far repressed to ever remember fully ;D -
And, I too, take exception to you hating SKH's and Squirrel's beloved Dallas Cowboys! Ah well, we live in Redskins territory - so we know it is to be pariahs...sigh.
Tell Hubby he can come to our house for this year's Superbowl - WE will cheer Dallas on! :D

Hugs!

Marni said...

Sorry about the whole cowboy thing... just can't help it. AND my aunt gave us two tickets to the Falcon's/Cowboys game next week. I'll be in my Keith Brooking jersey while Carl decks himself out in Dallas gear. Won't that be fun? GOOOOO Falcons!

Anonymous said...

The Cowboys suck. I don't actually know if their team is any good, I just get this greasy feeling about them...so they suck.

Old Lady said...

I say if your feet are on Georgia soil, you root for the home teams. Woo-woo!

Cup said...

And your daddy called ME a drunk-as ho?

Biddie said...

OMG! I'm friends with a drug dealer? I never would've believed it! What a cute story.

SkippyMom said...

Marni...you are the girlie...take care of Bid for me.

Love you sweetie pea...have all the pugs I want, kay?

Hugs!

Skip.

DJ Andi said...

Too funny. The good news is...all the things you listed sounded like they were MANY years ago. That's the good news.

You know, sometimes I bring out those kind of stories at parties after I have been drinking HEAVILY. Too funny. That's how you really get to know people. I'm sure most people would surprise you by mentioning 5 things people don't know about them.