My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Independence

J-man is discovering who he is. I know kids go through many phases while growing up and they experiment with different looks, clothes, friends, activities, etc. I'm ready for it - I think.

Carl and I always fuss over what we will and will not let him do. I think he can do anything he wants as long as it isn't permanent. He can do whatever he wants to his hair (except for a mullet), get an earring, wear whatever he likes... I don't really care. I do, however, draw the line at tattoos. Like I said... nothing permanent.

So...

He decided he wants his hair spiked. Fine. We've done that on and off for years. This time he wanted something different. A color.



OK

Not permanent.

Here he is before...
Such a handsome guy!

And now...


Still just as handsome, but with blood red spikes. Looks like someone spilled a cup of blood on his head and he spiked it all up... he LOVES it. I think it looks cool... we didn't go crazy with the color. Just a patch...

Carl hasn't seen it yet... wonder what he'll think?

9 comments:

barista brat said...

his hair looks fun!

and it's obvious he loves it.

Biddie said...

I love it. Honestly. I don't freak out over hair, it grows back, the colour eventually fades. I have had purple shades, pinks, and shades of blue. (former punker).
I save the arguing for the big stuff -like tattoos. Even though I have one, I won't let my kids get any. Tattoos are for life, baby. My 18 year old wants one, but respects me enough not to get one - until I give my ok.
Does Jarrett love it? Tell him that I think it rocks!

Coffeypot said...

At least he has color in his hair. Mine is white – no color at all. And I agree with no tattoos. Although you can get rid of a tattoo, now, with laser surgery, it is too expensive and painful to do it. I wonder about the girls that got butterflies tattooed on their breast 40 years ago. I bet it looks like a condor now. Love that boy, though.

Cup said...

I think he looks darling and very cool.

SkippyMom said...

I love it! and he is such a cutie pie...he totally pulls it off -

I, too, am a firm believer in hair grows back, so no worries if didn't like it....hair is easy and a good way to express himself....

tatoos - not so much...and not piercings either...they nauseate me thinking about the pain - I just can't look at them! [I don't mean pierced ears...I mean the tongue fobs and eyebrow/lip/bridge of the nose piercings...uck!]

Tell him we think he looks GREAT!

katy said...

yeah one cool hair style and colour

Old Lady said...

I agree with you.

Vicki said...

good for you for letting him play around with his hair.

the song "express yourself" comes to mind.

Heidi the Hick said...

Hey! My comment didn't stick!

I meant to tell you that my Boy has had that same hairdo for his music recital two years in a row. He loves it and so do I...clearly I'm in no position to say no to crazy hair colours!